New York Drivers Handbook Online
All residents of the state of New York that are interested in driving on it’s roads must first pass the state’s driver written exam. This written test contains challenging and state specific questions on the rules of the road so it’s important that you start getting yourself ready now.
You’ll need the most current and comprehensive information about the rules of the road in New York if you want to pass your drivers written exam which is why we’ve included the official New York Driver Handbook below.
Preparing With the NY Drivers Handbook
How will you know if you are truly ready for the drivers written exam? Simple. Start by becoming familiar with the information in the New York drivers manual below and then test your knowledge by taking our interactive New York practice permit test. The practice test is a perfect study tool to be used alongside the handbook. You’ll get a feel for the format of real test while being able to get valuable feedback. Only practice tests can give you the feedback you need to know you’ve mastered the information found in the handbook. Good luck!
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The New York State Driver’s Manual is published by the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles and covers the following topics.
• Driver Licenses – requirements, examinations, renewals
• Rules of the Road – signs and signals, pavement markings, traffic officers
• Passing and Intersections – right-of-way, passing on the left and right, turns
• Defensive Driving – road rage, speeding, work zones, cell phone
• Alcohol and Drugs – DUI, chemical tests, consequences
• Sharing the Road – pedestrians, motorcyclists, large vehicles