Download the official AR DMV driver’s manual PDF or view online
All residents of the state of Arizona looking to become licensed drivers are required to pass the official state drivers written exam. With statistics revealing a 50% fail rate you need to prepare yourself now to make sure that you pass the first time which is why we’ve included the official Arizona Drivers Handbook below.
Preparing With the AZ Drivers Handbook
While becoming familiar with the material in the handbook is a great start it’s only one piece of the puzzle. To make sure that you pass the written exam the first time it’s critical that you take advantage of the practice tests featured on this site. Our Arizona practice permit test is designed to closely match some of the topics you will face on the official Arizona written drivers test. Remember that practice makes perfect and if you want to become a driver as soon as possible put in the effort now and you’ll be well on your way to enjoying the freedom of the open road!
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The Arizona Drivers Handbook is designed to give to not only you the necessary information you need to not only prepare for the state’s written drivers exam but to learn the necessary skills to become a safe driver. The Arizona Driver License Manual and Customer Service Guide is published by the Arizona Department of Transportation Motor Vehicle Division and covers the following topics.
- Fees – licenses, identification cards, registration
- Driver License – road test, documentation, permits, classes
- Safe Driving – Safety belts, vehicle equipment, defensive driving, traffic, cell phones
- Rules of the Road – right of way, speed limits, roadway knowledge, signs
- Sharing the road – motorcycles, pedestrians, bicycles
- Emergencies – blowout, overheating, headlight failure, brakes, crash avoidance