District of Columbia DMV Handbook 2024
How fortunate you are to live in the nation’s capital. From the distinct area of Georgetown to the Potomac River to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington D.C. is the political epicenter of America. With so much to see and experience, it’s important to become a licensed driver. But before you can experience all that the District of Columbia has to offer you will need to pass the required driver written test.
Take the next steps now to prepare for this test by reviewing the information found in the District of Columbia Drivers Handbook . Packed with critical information to not only prepare for the driver written test, the handbook also is a great tool towards preparing safe and effective drivers.
Preparing With the DC Drivers Handbook
You can see it in their faces from those beaming with confidence after taking the exam. They have no doubt that they passed with flying colors. What’s their secret? Besides studying the material found in the handbook they also tested that knowledge by taking advantage of practice tests. Our District of Columbia practice permit test is designed to simulate some of the questions and answers from the real written drivers test so there won’t be any surprises on test day.
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The District of Columbia Driving Manual is published by the District of Columbia Department of Motor Vehicles and covers the following topics.
• Driver’s License Examination – written examination, vision screening
• Licenses and Permits – learner permit, provisional driver license, full license
• Driver Information – privilege, road signs, traffic laws
• Driving Rules – signaling, passing, turns, headlights
• Parking Rules – parallel parking, stopping
• Traffic Rules – turnabout, speed restrictions, traffic laws, vehicle equipment
• Identifying Signs – colors, shapes, regulatory signs