Download the official IN BMV driver’s manual PDF or view online
Need to get your learners permit or drivers license in the state of Indiana? Before you can become a licensed driver you will need to pass the state’s required written knowledge test. The test can be a considerable challenge so it’s critical that you fully prepare and that means thoroughly reviewing the official Indiana Drivers Handbook below.
Preparing With the IN Drivers Handbook
Have you studied enough? Will you pass on your first try? Or will you have to endure the cost and time of having to take the exam all over again? The handbook is a great way to begin your research, but why limit yourself to just the handbook. It’s essential that you test your knowledge and one of the best ways to accomplish this is through the use of our Indiana practice permit test. The practice test has been created to introduce you to some of the topics and concepts you’ll face on the official test. So prepare yourself now by reviewing the material in the state driver handbook and test yourself using the practice tests found on this site. Before you know it, you too be enjoying the freedom of the open road!
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The Indiana Driver’s Handbook is published by the Indiana Department of Transportation and covers the following topics.
- Driver’s Licensing Procedures – requirements, examinations, restrictions
- Points, Suspension, Insurance – point values, driver safety programs, insurance requirements
- Traffic Signs and Signals – sign colors, sign shapes, warning signs, guidance signs
- Safe Vehicle Operation – lane markings, passing, turning, speed limits, braking
- Accidents and Emergencies – impaired driving, vehicle theft, equipment failures