Louisiana Drivers Handbook 2018
Eager to get your Louisiana learners permit or drivers license? Before you can explore all that the Pelican State has to offer you will need to pass the state’s written drivers test. Take the first steps now to prepare for the test by becoming familiar with the information in the official Louisiana Driver Handbook below. The handbook contains essential information on the rules of the road and is designed to help you not only prepare for the test but to become a better overall driver.
Preparing With the LA Drivers Handbook
Preparing for the written exam does not end with the handbook. You will need to test that knowledge and at that means taking a practice test. Our Louisiana practice permit test simulates the test format of the official Louisiana written test by design. You’ll be presented with questions that cover some of the same topic that you will expect to encounter on test day.
So why put this off any longer? Review the Louisiana Driver Handbook below and then test yourself using a practice test and before you know it you too will experience the freedom of the open road.
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The Louisiana Driver’s Guide is published by the Louisiana Department of Public Safety and Corrections and covers the following topics.
• Driver’s License – classes, requirements, examinations
• Registration and Title – new and used vehicles, renewals, fees
• Traffic Laws – signs, signals, markings
• Safety – safety belts, defensive driving, parking, weather
• Traffic Laws – speed, lane changing, highway driving, signaling, right of way
• Emergencies – teenage drivers, avoiding collisions, protecting yourself
• Driving Offenses – alcohol, drugs, reckless driving, hit and run