Download the official MD MVA driver’s manual PDF or view online
Looking to get your permit or drivers license in the state of Maryland? Every state resident looking to become a licensed driver will need to pass the state written knowledge test. With over half of all applicants failing the exam, it’s important that you prepare first. Thoroughly reviewing the Maryland Driver’s Handbook below is a great first step that will not only help you gain the confidence you need to pass the test but help you become a better driver.
Preparing With the MD Drivers Handbook
The Maryland drivers handbook is a great first step when preparing for the exam however you will need to test that knowledge at some point. With our comprehensive Maryland MVA Practice Tests, you’ll be able to test your knowledge of the information found in the handbook. Practice tests are designed to closely simulate the real exam so you’ll be confident when it comes time to take the real test.
Start by thoroughly reviewing the material in the Maryland Drivers Manual below. Combine that knowledge with our practice tests and you will have the confidence you need to pass the state written test. Good luck!
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The Maryland Driver’s Manual is published by the Maryland Motor Vehicle Administration and covers the following topics.
- Driving Test – vision screening, knowledge test, driving skills test
- Basic Driving – drive defensively, right-of-way, following distance, turning
- Signals, Signs and Markings – traffic signals, traffic signs, highway pavement markings
- Driving Conditions – night driving, fog, weather, skidding, work zone
- Dangerous Driving – drinking and driving, aggressive driving, cell phones
- Sharing the Road – emergency vehicles, school vehicles, motorcycles, bicycles
- Restrictions and Violations – suspension, revocation, cancellation, sanctions