Minnesota Drivers Handbook 2018
From the Twin Cities to the rural countryside with picturesque scenes, Minnesota is inviting to drivers year round. Make sure you take the next steps to secure your learners permit or drivers license so you too can enjoy the all that the North Star State has offer. Before you can become a licensed driver in the state of Minnesota you will need to pass the state’s written drivers test.
The minute you get you become a licensed driver, you gain a new sense of freedom, adventure and responsibility. To help ensure you get there you’ll need to first study the official Minnesota Drivers Handbook below.
Preparing With the MN Drivers Handbook
While the handbook is a great place to begin preparing for the exam it’s not a complete solution. They say practice makes perfect and that means taking advantage of the practice tests available on this site. Our Minnesota practice permit test is designed to help you quickly and easily determine if you have the knowledge to pass the official test. Our practice tests provide many of the same types of questions you’ll find on the real Minnesota written drivers test.
So why put it off any longer? Start preparing now and you’ll quickly develop the confidence you need to pass… and start driving.
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The Minnesota Driver’s Manual is published by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety Driver and Vehicle Services Division and covers the following topics.
• License to Drive – documentation, knowledge test, vision screening, road test, fees
• Your Vehicle – equipment requirements, fuel efficient techniques
• Traffic Laws – speed limits, signaling, changing lanes, turning, passing, parking
• Sharing the Road – stopping, school bus, right of way, emergency vehicles, pedestrians
• Signs, Signals and Markings – sign colors, shapes, regulatory signs, warning signs
• Driving Conditions – three-second rule, stopping distance, night driving, weather