Nebraska Drivers Handbook 2018
Nebraska residents looking to get a permit or drivers license and get behind the wheel must first pass the state’s driver written exam. Start preparing now by reviewing the information in the official Nebraska Driver Handbook below.
Preparing With the NE Drivers Handbook
Before you take the Nebraska written drivers exam, it’s important that you determine if you have successfully mastered the material from the handbook. One of the best ways to get this critical feedback is through the use of practice tests. Our Nebraska practice permit test has been created to provide you with a feel for the real test by introducing you to some of the same topics and concepts you will face on test day. Together with the handbook, practice tests are a great way to help ensure you are fully prepared for the written DMV test. Prepare now and before you know it you’ll be in the drivers seat!
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The handbook is packed with essential information on not only the rules of the road but how to be a safe driver. The Nebraska Driver’s Manual is published by the Nebraska Department of Motor Vehicles and covers the following topics.
• License to Drive – permit and license, restrictions
• Important Driver Information – alcohol and drugs, safety belts, defensive driving
• Signals and Signs – traffic signs, pavement markings
• Rules of the Road – right-of-way, speed, passing, signaling, parking
• Driving Conditions – interstate, weather, driving at night, motorcyclists, pedestrians