If you’re going to cruise through Nevada and hit the Vegas strip, what better way to do it than on a motorcycle to fully take in all the sights, sounds and energy in the air? But Nevada has much more to offer the rider than bright lights and gambling – it’s a geographically unique and devastatingly beautiful landscape just waiting to be explored. But before you can explore all that Nevada has to offer, state law requires you get your motorcycle license and that means passing the motorcycle written test. Begin preparing for the exam by studying the material in the official Nevada Motorcycle Handbook below. The handbook is designed to help you not only successfully prepare for the exam, but gain the knowledge to safely operate a motorcycle in the state as well.
Preparing With the NV Motorcycle Manual
Study the latest Nevada Motorcycle Handbook below and use it along with our Nevada motorcycle practice permit tests. Our study material is designed by experts to simulate the exam by offering questions and answers just like the real exam.
So quit dreaming about riding and get studying!
Topics Covered in the Manual
The Nevada Motorcycle Operator’s Handbook is published by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and covers the following topics.
- Prepping for your ride – knowing your vehicle and choosing the right gear
- Being in control – proper turns, braking and changing gears
- What to look for – using proper head checks and using mirrors
- At the intersection
- Can they see you
- Accident avoidance
- Uneven and treacherous road conditions
- When mechanical trouble happens
- Animals on the road
- Flying debris
- Safely maneuvering off the road
- Additional cargo or passengers
- Proper riding in groups
- When you shouldn’t ride – alcohol, tiredness and drugs
- Getting your license
- Three wheelers – knowledge and control of your 3-wheeler, carrying passengers and cargo
- Proper use of hand signals
- Before you ride checklist