New Mexico MVD Handbook 2022
Download the official NM DMV manual PDF or view online
All residents of New Mexico looking to become licensed drivers must first pass the state’s driver written exam. The exam will test your knowledge of the rules of the road and road signs. Preparing for the exam starts by thoroughly reviewing the information found in the official New Mexico Drivers Handbook . This valuable resource provides a great starting point as you prepare for the exam.
Preparing With the NM Drivers Handbook
The best predictor if you’ll pass your official New Mexico State Drivers Exam is if you’ve properly tested yourself to see if you have mastered the material in the driver handbook. One of the best ways to do this is through the use of practice tests. Our New Mexico practice permit test is perfect if you are looking for instant feedback. Not only will you get a feel for some of the material on the real exam, our practice tests use the same multiple-choice format! So what are you waiting for? Get prepared now and you’ll be on the road before you know it!
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The New Mexico Driver Manual is published by the New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division and covers the following topics.
- Driver’s License – types of licenses, renewals, safety belts and restraints
- Rules of the Road – signals and signs, lanes, rules, right-of-way
- Safe Driving Tips – basic driving, speeding, stopping
- Sharing the Road – bicycles, large trucks and RVs
- Driving Health – vision, fatigue, DUI, emergencies, collisions