New Mexico MVD Motorcycle Handbook 2023
New Mexico is the ideal place for riders who enjoy wide open spaces. But the state is more than that, it has spacious lakes and the picturesque foothills of the Rocky Mountains that are perfect for an afternoon or evening motorcycle ride. Get off your sofa and join to see what other riders already know, that it’s an experience not to be missed.
But before you hit the road, you’ll need to get your license and that means preparing to pass the state required written test. We’re here to help by providing you with a copy of the official New Mexico Motorcycle Operator’s Handbook . This handbook will give you a complete overview of everything you need to know about safely operating a two or three-wheel vehicle in the state of New Mexico.
Preparing With the NM Motorcycle Manual
But do keep in mind the handbook is only a guide and it should be used along with interactive study material such as practice tests to ensure you have the knowledge needed to pass the New Mexico motorcycle license written test. To properly hone your skills we offer New Mexico motorcycle permit practice tests to help ensure that you pass your license test the very first time. So what are you waiting for? Get started today!
Topics Covered in the Manual
The New Mexico Motorcycle Operator’s Manual is published by the New Mexico Department of Transportation and it covers many topics including the following:
- complete motorcycle licensing procedures
- state law regarding distances between vehicles
- lane positioning techniques
- using mirrors, horns, and head checks
- tips on avoiding collisions
- passengers and cargo limitations and rules
- motorcycle equipment and maintenance
- identifying road hazards and other dangers
- riding in groups
- mechanical failures – tires, engine problems, chain issues
- special situations