Virginia DMV Handbook 2023
The Virginia driver’s handbook is a great resource for anyone looking to prepare for the state required written test and get their learners permit or driver’s license.
Preparing With the VA Drivers Handbook
Studying the Virginia Drivers Handbook and then taking the exam is akin to jumping from a plane without a parachute. While the manual is a great way to become familiar with the material, at some point you are going to need to see if you actually remember the information. That’s where our Virginia practice permit test can really help. Rather than taking that blind leap and having the very real chance of failing your written driver’s test, why not test yourself first by taking advantage of the practice tests available on this site. We encourage you to study the official Virginia drivers handbook together with the practice tests.
Topics Covered in the Handbook
Packed with content, the handbook contains information to not only help you become a safer driver but prepare you for the driver’s written exam. The Virginia drivers handbook is published by the Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles and covers the following topics.
- Testing – road skills test, vision screening
- Signals, Signs and Markers – sign shapes, regulatory or guide signs, warning signs
- Safe Driving – speed limits, stopping, yielding, passing, turning, sharing the road
- Seat Belts and Air Bags – child safety seats, air bags
- Penalties – suspension, revocation, alcohol and the law