Washington Drivers Handbook 2018
Whether you’re looking to get your learners permit or driver’s license, all residents of the state of Washington are required to pass the written drivers exam. While the exam has pretty high fail rate at nearly 70%, it’s important to note that if you prepare you don’t have to be another statistic. Start preparing for the the test now by becoming familiar with information found in the official Washington State Driver’s Handbook below.
Preparing With the WA Drivers Handbook
While the Washington drivers handbook is an important tool, the last thing you want to do is take a chance and leave the DMV empty handed. Our Washington practice permit test is the perfect complement to the drivers handbook. Packed with questions covering some of the same topics found on the real exam, our practice tests are a great way to test your knowledge of the drivers handbook. So why put it off any longer? We know you are eager to get behind the wheel so start preparing now with the handbook and practice tests. Together they are one of the most effective method for passing the state written knowledge test. Good luck!
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The Washington State Handbook is published by the Department of Licensing and covers the following topics.
• Driver’s Licenses – residents, vision screening, knowledge test, driving test, renewal
• Before You Drive – insurance, check vehicle, secure load, seat belts, seat and mirrors
• Rules of the Road – traffic signs, pavement markers, parking
• Safe Driving Tips – starting, speed limits, stopping, sharing space, distractions
• Emergencies – brake failure, tire blowout, power failure, avoiding collisions
• Updates and Additions – cell phone use, crosswalks, electric vehicles, emergency zones