Wisconsin Drivers Handbook 2018
All residents of Wisconsin interested in becoming licensed drivers must first pass the state’s written knowledge test. One of the best ways to begin preparing for the exam is by reviewing the information found in the official Wisconsin drivers handbook below.
Preparing With the WI Drivers Handbook
Why take the written drivers exam unprepared? With over a 50% fail rate the written test can be a challenge even for drivers with years of experience under their belt. That’s why it’s absolutely critical that you not only become familiar with the material in the handbook but you also take advantage of the practice tests available on this site.
Our Wisconsin practice permit tests were designed to work together with the handbook as a great way test your level of knowledge and help prepare you to pass the written exam the first time. The test questions featured on our practice tests closely simulate the questions on the official state written exam so you won’t be hit with any surprises on test day.
So what are you waiting for? Prepare now for the state written test and before you know it you’ll be in the driver’s seat.
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The Wisconsin Drivers Handbook is published by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation and covers the following topics.
• Driver License – requirements, instruction permit, probationary license
• Before You Drive – check vehicle, adjust seat and mirrors, safety belts and child restraints
• Signals and Signs – traffic signs and signals, railroad crossing, pavement markings
• Safe Driving Tips – starting, accelerating, steering
• Cushion of Space – ahead, behind, side, merge, pass
• Drinking and Driving – alcohol content, Wisconsin’s alcohol laws
• Emergencies – brake failure, tire blowout, power failure, skidding