Wyoming DOT Handbook 2023
Getting your learners permit or driver’s license is the state of Wyoming means having to pass the state written drivers exam. Statistics reveal that over 50% of applicants fail the test so it’s important that you prepare beforehand. Fortunately, the state publishes the Wyoming Driver’s Handbook to help you prepare for the exam.
Preparing With the WY Drivers Handbook
Give yourself a great edge over the majority of Wyoming residents by not only reviewing the material in the handbook but by testing your knowledge as well. While the handbook is an essential resource on your journey to becoming a licensed driver it’s only one piece of the puzzle. At some point you will need to determine if you have really absorbed the material in the handbook and the best way to do that is through the use of Wyoming DMV Practice Tests.
The practice tests are designed to give you the confidence that you’ll need to pass the written test the first time. The practice test questions were created to resemble the official state exam as closely as possible. That means no surprises when you sit down and take the real thing! So why wait? Prepare now and you’ll be one step closer to experiencing the freedom of being a licensed driver.
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The State of Wyoming Drivers Handbook is published by the State of Wyoming Department of Transportation, Driver Services and covers the following topics.
- Driver Licensing – requirements, vision screening, written test, skills test
- Losing Your Driving Privileges – license suspensions, cancellations, revocations
- Safety – safety belt law, child restraints, alcohol and drugs
- Speed – legal speed limits, right-of-way, braking, changing lanes, turning, passing
- Traffic Signs, Signals and Road Markings – overhead signs, use of lanes, railroad crossings
- Sharing the Road – motorcycles, pedestrians, trucks, emergency vehicles, space to the sides