Download the official CO DMV driver’s manual PDF or view online
Colorado is known the world over as one of the best places to experience the outdoors and the raw beauty of nature. With over 25 scenic and historic byways including the famous Trail Ridge Road, Colorado is also known as one of the most popular states for drivers. But before you can experience the open roads of this great state, you will need to become a legally licensed driver and that means preparing for and passing the state written drivers test.
To help you in preparing for the state written drivers test we’ve included a copy of the official Colorado Drivers Handbook below.
Preparing With the CO Drivers Handbook
The state written test can pose a significant challenge even to experienced drivers. With a 50% fail rate why limit your test preparation to just the handbook alone. By combining the knowledge from the handbook with our Colorado practice permit test you’ll be giving yourself the best possible chance to pass the test the first time.
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The Colorado Drivers Handbook is published by the Colorado State Patrol and covers the following topics.
- Driver’s License – requirements, permits, classes
- Motor Vehicle Laws – insurance, graduated license, cell phone use
- Driving Under Influence – alcohol and driving, drugs and driving, express consent
- Rules of the Road – traffic controls, signals, signs, pavement markings, lane controls
- Safe Driving Tips – steering, scanning, changing lanes, passing, night driving, weather
- Sharing the Road – large trucks and buses, railroad crossing, bicycles, motorcycles
- Emergencies – avoiding collisions, brake failure, tire blowout, power failure