Need to get your permit or driver’s license in the state of New Hampshire? You’ll need the most current and comprehensive information about the rules of road if you want to pass the required states written drivers exam. The New Hampshire Driver’s Handbook is a great resource to help prepare for the state required written test. The handbook below contains essential information to help you not only prepare for the written exam but will also teach you new skills on how to become a safer driver.
Preparing With the NH Drivers Handbook
The New Hampshire driver’s handbook is a great way to start becoming familiar with the information you will find on the exam. Once you feel comfortable with the material in the handbook it’s time to test that knowledge. Practice tests are a proven method to help you pass the state written test. We offer our comprehensive New Hampshire practice permit test to help introduce you to some of the material found on the real test.
So put that game plan into action and before you know it you’ll be a licensed New Hampshire driver!
Topics Covered in the Handbook
The State of New Hampshire Driver’s Handbook is published by the Department of Safety Division of Motor Vehicles and covers the following topics.
- Driver’s License Information – requirements, applying, driving practice, examination
- Vehicle Inspection – motor vehicles, safety equipment
- Rules of the Road – signs, shapes, traffic lights, pavement markings, right-of-way
- Turning and Signaling – steering wheel use, signaling
- Following, Passing, Lane Usage – following distance, passing, lane position
- Driving Conditions – weather, night driving, fatigue, curves, emergencies