Looking for the Kentucky Drivers Handbook?
Where will you go first in the Bluegrass State once you get your license? Exploring caves, traveling the Appalachians, visiting Daniel Boone Country? Or perhaps to watch some horse racing, enjoy some creative art and music, or eat some scrumptious barbecue. No matter your desire, you must first start by taking the steps to get your Kentucky drivers license or permit.
No matter if you’ve been driving for years or you’re anticipating your first drivers license for years, we have just what you need to get started. By thoroughly reviewing the Kentucky Drivers Handbook, you gain the knowledge that will help you to improve your chances of passing the permit test.
Is the Handbook Everything I Need to Prepare for the Kentucky Written Exam?
There’s an easy way to find out if you’ll pass the Kentucky written exam and start driving soon. It starts with our comprehensive Kentucky practice permit test. Our practice test closely simulate the official written driving exam. So when you ace our practice tests, you’ll be driving in no time. Before taking our practice tests, we strongly advise that you thoroughly review the material found within the Kentucky Drivers Manual below. When you know the information well, use our practice tests to ensure you’re ready to pass and start driving.
What’s Covered in the Kentucky Drivers Manual?
The Kentucky Driver Manual is published by the Kentucky Motor Vehicle Cabinet and covers the following topics.
• Graduated Licensing – permit phase, intermediate phase
• Driver’s License – requirements, examinations, vehicle inspection
• Rules of the Road – traffic signals, signs, lanes, road markings, parking
• Adjusting Speed – road conditions, highway construction, visibility
• Sharing Space – merge, enter, pass
• Keeping in Shape – drinking and driving, repeat offenders, drugs, vision, health
• Traffic Signals – colors, shapes, regulatory signs, warning signs, directional signs