Alaska DMV Handbook 2023
All residents of Alaska looking to become licensed drivers must first pass the state’s driver written knowledge test. This multiple choice test has been a challenge even for drivers with a bit of experience under their belt. With a 50% fail rate it’s important that you prepare now so you can pass the first time. Whether you’re anxious to start driving on your own for the first time or you’re already an experienced driver, the Alaska Drivers Handbook is a fantastic resource towards not only preparing for the written exam but also will help you become a more knowledgeable and safer driver.
Preparing With the AK Driver’s Handbook
Once you thoroughly review the Alaska Drivers Manual, you’ll be anxious to head to your local DMV and take your driver’s written exam. But the truth is no matter how well you think you are familiar with the information, you still never know if you’re going to pass.
That’s why we encourage you to study the Alaska Drivers Manual together with practice tests. Practice tests are a great way to test your handbook knowledge. By simulating the test questions you might face on test day, you will be better prepared than 99% of students. Don’t risk the embarrassment, delay, and extra costs of not passing your written exam. Take the time to try an Alaska practice permit test, and gain the confidence you need to master the test.
Topics Covered in the Drivers Handbook
The Alaska Drivers Manual is published by the Alaska Department of Administration Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and covers the following topics.
- Driver’s License – identification, permits, requirements, examinations, fees
- Suspensions and Revocations – implied consent, alcohol and driving, drugs
- Seatbelt Usage – safety belt facts, requirements, child restraints
- Control of Vehicles – backing, texting, following, collisions, speed, braking
- Signaling – left turn, right turn, yielding, intersections, signs and signals
- Safety – weather, highways, lighting, major roads